Tuesday, January 12, 2010


The bottom of lefft side picture called Jap-chae is what I tried to cook today.
Perhaps some of you don't know what it is, so let me first introdice about Jap-chae.

Jap-chae   is a stire-fried dish that conbines noodle made from a starch of a sweet potato, various vegetable, and thinly slices beef. There is usually carrots, green onions, spinach, shiitake mushrooms, and green peppers inside. It's a little bit chewy texture.

Well... let's get to start!!

I gotta tell you why I took on a challenge to Korean food. To tell the trueth, my boyfriend Daivid is Korean. That's why I try to cook Krean food lately. Jap-che, which I cooked, is kind of popular Korean food in Japan and the best cooking website among housewife called COOKPAD, which has a variety of recipe from general public's posting, is very helpful more than you'll ever know-I've been great fun of Cookpad since one of my friends told me. I found Jap-chae recipe from there
,but there are a large number of Jap-chae recipe. I was so confused which recipe is closer to real Krean food because most recipes are posted by Japanse. It's a little bit hard to find a recipes posted by Korean, but I found a interesting one posted by one housewife whose husband is Korean. To make my bf happy, I decided to use her recipe!!
It was actually first time for me to cook Jap-chae for my bf, and I was pretty nervous about how he gives me a commet... (I was cooking before two hours he comes back) 
I had to prepare so many ingredients like above explanation. Therefore, it freaked me out seriously because it took a one hour and half or almost two hours. Look at the result of my cooking below.


It looks excellent!! BUT... according to David "You did well for the first time, but boiled noodle too much. I give you 60% point." How strict grader, he is. Anyways, I'll give 100% point for myself!!




No comments:

Post a Comment