Thursday, April 8, 2010

How long didn't I update my blog!? Being lazy a little.
The winter vacation over and having started school from the end of March, a new school life has been a hectic than last quarter, fall quarter, and I'm getting used to the busy life little by little.

To: Taka
                Thank you for following my blog. I wanted to stop by your blog to say "thank you", but i seems like you don't have one. I hope you'll enjoy with my blog.

Well, this spring quarter, I'm taking a American culture conversation class which I learn about American culture and how to communicate with people. On Friday of each week as a assignment   I have to write a journal related to America's culture and my own culture and know a culture difference.
Today, I'll do it on my own blog! Let's get started!!


Hello, all!
Some of you may already know my name, but let me introduce myself.  I'm Anna (full name is Anamu Sasaki). I'm from Japan and will have been in Tacoma for a year and half by next month.

Today's my journal topic is "Don't Put Lots of Sugar into Coffee."

I like to spend my time drinking coffee in a coffee shop. Especially, Starbucks.
By the way, have you ever done people-watching in somewhere's coffee shop or fast food restaurant like the MacDonald? 
whenever I became bored or sleepy, i just want to do it for some reason.
Bunch of people make their own favorite coffee by themselves after purchase of coffee like putting a extra sugar into coffee. The sweetened coffee is sweet enough already, so I'm wondering why so many people want to make a sweeter coffee even a children...
How many of you think the same way as me?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna,

    What a charming and wonderful blog you've started. You've really put a lot of yourself into this. I look forward to reading more.

    I agree with you about sugar in coffee. I don't like sweet coffee. (though I do like a sweet treat with my coffee, to contrast with the bitter coffee.)

    The tongue can taste five types of flavors. But the modern American diet includes mainly sweet and salty. And there is nothing bitter in the American diet. I actually like to eat bitter melon ツルレイシ and I love an Italian drink, Campari Bitter, which is supposed to help your body endure hot days better.

    Japanese foods like miso have some very interesting flavors. I think this is why it took a Japanese researcher to discover the flavor "savoriness" ("umami" in Japanese), which was not discovered until 2002.

    But, at least a lot of Americans are really self-critical of their diet, and some are really interested in exploring other cuisines. I think the American diet will keep changing; hopefully mostly for the better. (Maybe you can write a cookbook for Americans ;) )

    Language point: a noun as adjective-- no "s"--example: coconut sauce (rather than coconuts sauce.)



    P.s. I love the photo of yourself!

    ReplyDelete